The performance improvement services provided by Practus assisted the hospital chain in reducing manual dependence on tracking compliance.
|Client||ROI||Industry||Ownership||Management||No. of Employees||Size||Project Duration|
|A Chain of Hospitals||7.6x||Healthcare||Family Managed||Professional||100||$10 million||4 months|
About The Company
Lifeline Hospital is a 325-bed multi-specialty tertiary care facility. It is a NABH-accredited facility. It is one of the best cancer and cardiac care facilities in South Asia. It has the largest pediatric facility in the region, as well as a liver and kidney transplantation facility, bone and joint care, a neuro ICU, a fertility and IVF facility, a robust laboratory, and comprehensive diagnostic facilities.
Practus’ Role in Performance Improvement
- There are two state-of-the-art hospitals, one in Mumbai and the other in Pune.
- At both locations, compliance with numerous pieces of legislation was tracked manually (hospitals, pharmacies, drugs, contractors, etc.)
- Insurance receipts, which accounted for 60% of the revenue, were manually reconciled.
Impact Delivered in Performance Improvement
- Reduced dependence on manual compliance tracking.
- Two full-time equivalents (FTEs) were saved.
- By introducing a platform for tracking and reporting compliance, reliance on human tracking was reduced.
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA) was implemented for three-way reconciliation of insurance receipts with vouchers and sales receipts, as well as input into the books.